Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
Creating a good research data management planFind out why you need a data management plan and what it takes to write an effective one.
1.1 What is peer review? Why peer review?To prepare you for the Certified Peer Reviewer course, in this first section, we take a step back and discuss the history of academic publishing and explain the status quo of peer review.
1.4 How to get involvedLearn how you can get involved in peer review and contribute to trust and quality in academia and research.
3.1 How to write a helpful peer review reportProbably the most important part of the peer review process, this section digs deep into what it takes to write a peer review report, which will be helpful to the author and ultimately to science.
4.0 What next?This final module of the course apprises you of your continued responsibility as a reviewer, and discusses how you can get recognition for your efforts.
What is burnout and how to address itBurnout is not a new phenomenon, but its increased visibility has given the issue more focus and light, especially in high-stress related fields and professions.
Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
Have you considered the importance of sex and gender in your research and how not incorporating it or using terminology incorrectly might influence your research results? Researcher Academy and GENDRO are proud to present this certified course on the Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines, developed in partnership with EASE.
The course has been specifically designed to offer guidance on the SAGER Guidelines and recommendations on its implementation by journals, publishers and research organizations – or anyone that would like additional training to make research more gender sensitive and inclusive.
Our comprehensive course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to implement the SAGER Guidelines in your research and publications. By taking the SAGER course, you will learn about the distinction between sex and gender, and intersectionality, and we will walk you through the SAGER Guidelines recommendations, and the author/editor checklist. You will also hear about the development of the SAGER Guidelines and examples of their implementation in various disciplines and organizations.
By the end of the course, you will have a deeper understanding of the importance of sex and gender in research, the application of the SAGER guidelines and advice on how to incorporate these into your work. You will receive a certification after successful completion of the course.
What you will learn
- Insights from experts on why sex and gender matter in research
- What are the SAGER Guidelines?
- SAGER Guidelines recommendations, checklist, and implementation