Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- Finding the right journal
- (-) Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- (-) Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
How to find your intrinsic motivation?As an early career researcher, or someone in the final stages of their PhD, a perennial question on one’s mind is “what’s next?”.
Writing an effective CVFind out which skills to showcase in your CV if you want to move from academia to industry.
How to produce highly visible research: Useful tips for researchersWhile research is the central part of a researcher’s life, producing high-impact work by engaging in multidisciplinary and collaborative research is an added demand to the already substantial workl
Job search strategies for early career researchersResearchers at the start of their career don't often know where or how to search for jobs - academic or otherwise. This webinar takes you through key strategies
What skills do employers seek?Researchers at the start of their career don't often know where or how to search for jobs - academic or otherwise. This webinar takes you through key strategies,
Preparing for an industry interviewAs an early career researcher, you have probably survived your fair share of interviews and have a good idea what an employer wants to hear.
Making academia–industry collaborations workCollaborations with industry partners on specialized projects are becoming commonplace. Learn how to avoid the main pitfalls.
The key to successful academic collaborationsAcademic collaborations with researchers from varying backgrounds can act as a conduit to innovative ideas and solutions.
How to make the most of your PhD capabilities and find fulfilling jobsAs an early career researcher, or someone in the final stages of their PhD, a perennial question on one’s mind is “what’s next?”.
Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
The publication process isn’t easy, whatever your discipline. In this series of modules we turn the spotlight on getting published in the Chemical Sciences. You will hear from several experts in the field who talk openly about their own experiences.
You will learn the ingredients required to create a strong manuscript, including article structure, writing style, and language. The area of publication ethics is explored in detail, so you know where the pitfalls and danger points lie. Additionally, there are lively discussions on the topic of peer review in the Chemical Sciences, with tips on what makes a good review and what to consider before accepting a review request.
What you will learn
- How to prepare your manuscript
- The publishing ethics involved
- Guidance on peer review