Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Book writing
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Editor webinars
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Sex and gender
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Career guidance
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Research data management
- (-) Writing skills
- The Lancet
- Research metrics
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- (-) Fundamentals of peer review
- Job search
Diversity in peer reviewWhy diversity in peer review is central to both academia and your research career.
How to prepare a proposal for a review articleAt many journals, the process for submitting a review article is much different from the process for a research article: rather than uploading your research manuscript and clicking Submit, it might
10 tips for writing a truly terrible journal articleThese top tips on how NOT to write a research article will help you avoid some common pitfalls.
Writing a persuasive cover letter for your manuscriptSubmitting your manuscript without a cover letter or an incomplete one can impact the outcome of your submission.
Why get involved in peer reviewWhy saying ‘yes’ when an editor asks you to review can boost your research and publishing career.
Ethics responsibilities for peer reviewersThis clear guide to ethics responsibilities for reviewers ensures you can approach your next review with confidence.
5 Diseases ailing research – and how to cure themLearn how you can avoid or be cured of the 5 diseases affecting academic writing and research.
Recognizing peer reviewers: A webinar to celebrate editors and researchersA detailed discussion on the peer review process that will shine new light on the role you can play.
Transparency in peer reviewFind out why transparency in peer review is on the rise and how you can get involved.
How to turn your thesis into an articleThe process of writing a manuscript is considerably different from the work undertaken for academic degree requirements.
Open science is the new buzzword but what does it actually mean? And what about open access? Where does that fit into the story? In these modules, we cover the topics in detail. We look at the many definitions of open science and how you can use it in your own research and publishing career. We also explore open access and whether there are any specific points to consider when choosing to go down that publishing path.
0 / 5
What you will learn
- What is open science
- New insight into how you can benefit from it
- Points to consider when publishing open access