Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Book writing
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Editor webinars
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER)
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Career guidance
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- (-) Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- The Lancet
- Research metrics
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
- Job search
Guest editorsGuest editors play a vital role in curating high-quality contributions on a particular topic and driving the editorial review process for special issue publications.
Getting startedThis module walks a new Editor through the initial steps and considerations of taking on a journal as the Editor-in-Chief.
Publishing ethicsThis module gives editors an overview of the central concepts of publication ethics and point out some things to look out for when editing a journal.
Commissioning content & special issuesBoth new and established journals can benefit from directly commissioned content or special issues.
Staying in touchA crucial part of an editor’s job is regular communication with the journal's stakeholders.
Initial submission assessmentWhen a research manuscript first lands in your inbox, it needs to go through a number of checks verifying completeness of the submission, and ensuring that the conducted research and manuscript pre
Building and managing an editorial teamEditors lead a team of experts in the successful publication of a journal, and this course will give you more information about what is involved and how to effectively work together as a team for t
Inclusion & diversityThis module provides editors with an introduction to inclusion and diversity and its vital importance for science and society.
Getting started: Essentials for new editorial team membersThis module gives new editorial board members an overview of the role, responsibilities and benefits. It’s a great place for new board members to start the Editor Essentials journey.
Peer review and revision processThis interactive module gives editors an overview of the core elements of constructive and fair peer-review.
Article typesIn this module, new editors will learn about the range of article types published in journals, how they differ and have a bearing on journal performance.
Desk decisionsOnce a manuscript has passed an initial submission check, editors must assess its content to determine whether it is suitable for peer review.
Open science is the new buzzword but what does it actually mean? And what about open access? Where does that fit into the story? In these modules, we cover the topics in detail. We look at the many definitions of open science and how you can use it in your own research and publishing career. We also explore open access and whether there are any specific points to consider when choosing to go down that publishing path.
0 / 5
What you will learn
- What is open science
- New insight into how you can benefit from it
- Points to consider when publishing open access