Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- (-) Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- (-) Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
How to build empathy in researchIn this webinar, our experts focus on three tools for building empathy in research: interviewing, journey mapping and Photovoice. Also, they discuss ways of adapting these tools across sectors; including academia, industry and clinical settings.
Business Development for ResearchersBusiness benefits with deep insights from research, but is it possible for researchers to benefit from business models?
How to write a lay summaryJournal articles are written with researchers in mind, so the content isn’t always easy to follow for people outside academia…or even that field of st
Design Thinking: Turn research into innovationInnovation is vital for most working fields and research is not an exception. In fact, innovation is a central tenet of research that can advance the field based on previous body of knowledge.
生涯規劃：我該選擇什麼研究專業和領域選擇什麽研究專業和領域有時是一個讓人十分糾結的決定。即使已經畢業了您都可能對自己之前選擇的領域並不確定，在思考現在想要換個研究方向是否已經太遲。來自萊頓大學的Christine L. Mummery教授告訴我們，為時未晚。她本人由物理學和生物物理學轉向幹細胞生物學，而她的兩名同僚分別是從英語語言文學和歷史學進入了這個領域。
The right choice of studyDiscover why it’s never too late to change disciplines and the many advantages to be gained.
Lean Startup PrinciplesThe temptation to work in the industry while not wanting to leave academia is a common contention for many researchers in their career trajectory.
Standing up for ScienceScience and the media: A panel of a researcher, journalist and press officer will share their experiences of engaging with the media and the public.
Going through peer review
When you’ve already invested so much time in your manuscript, it’s not always easy to hear that a reviewer thinks it needs more work. In these modules, we provide some useful advice on how to deal with those reviewer comments and keep your submission moving smoothly through the publishing process. You will learn the initial steps you should take, and the correct tone and language to use in your response letter. We also help you see your manuscript through the eyes of an editor and reviewer, so you can spot any shortfalls or mistakes before you submit.
What you will learn
- Practical advice on how to respond to reviewers
- An explanation of what reviewers are looking for
- Tips on looking at your submission with a critical eye