Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Book writing
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Editor webinars
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Sex and gender
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Career guidance
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- The Lancet
- (-) Research metrics
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
- (-) Job search
- (-) 学习
How to find your intrinsic motivation?As an early career researcher, or someone in the final stages of their PhD, a perennial question on one’s mind is “what’s next?”.
Introduction to PlumXPlumX metrics provides insights beyond the traditional citation metrics: it looks into ways people interact with individual pieces of research output (articles, conference proceedings, book chapter
Introduction to Journal Impact Factor & H-indexYou have finally overcome the exhausting process of a successful paper publication and are just thinking that it’s time to relax for a while.
Writing an effective CVFind out which skills to showcase in your CV if you want to move from academia to industry.
Job search strategies for early career researchersResearchers at the start of their career don't often know where or how to search for jobs - academic or otherwise. This webinar takes you through key strategies
What skills do employers seek?Researchers at the start of their career don't often know where or how to search for jobs - academic or otherwise. This webinar takes you through key strategies,
Preparing for an industry interviewAs an early career researcher, you have probably survived your fair share of interviews and have a good idea what an employer wants to hear.
What journal acceptance rates really meanRejection hurts...especially in the research world, where you pour all the hardwork and energy into your paper.
How to make the most of your PhD capabilities and find fulfilling jobsAs an early career researcher, or someone in the final stages of their PhD, a perennial question on one’s mind is “what’s next?”.
Responsible use of research metricsNow that you have gained your knowledge on what research metrics are and why they are important - it's time to make sure you know how to use them responsibly.
CiteScore for early career researchersWhat if we told you there is a transparent metric out there that can help you evaluate high quality journals in a free and open space?
Going through peer review
When you’ve already invested so much time in your manuscript, it’s not always easy to hear that a reviewer thinks it needs more work. In these modules, we provide some useful advice on how to deal with those reviewer comments and keep your submission moving smoothly through the publishing process. You will learn the initial steps you should take, and the correct tone and language to use in your response letter. We also help you see your manuscript through the eyes of an editor and reviewer, so you can spot any shortfalls or mistakes before you submit.
What you will learn
- Practical advice on how to respond to reviewers
- An explanation of what reviewers are looking for
- Tips on looking at your submission with a critical eye