Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- (-) Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- (-) Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
- (-) 学习
How to find your intrinsic motivation?As an early career researcher, or someone in the final stages of their PhD, a perennial question on one’s mind is “what’s next?”.
Writing an effective CVFind out which skills to showcase in your CV if you want to move from academia to industry.
Publishing ethics in Chemical and Material SciencesWe share some ethics do’s and don’ts and explain why you should be passionate about meeting the right standards.
How to get published in the Chemical SciencesTop tips for preparing a submission to a chemical sciences journal – which will also prove helpful for those in other disciplines.
The fundamentals of peer review for the Chemical SciencesDiscover the many benefits of reviewing in Chemistry and how you can get involved.
The nuts & bolts of peer review: a discussion by Biomaterials editorsEditors share their personal experiences of peer review and useful insights to help you grow in your reviewer role.
Job search strategies for early career researchersResearchers at the start of their career don't often know where or how to search for jobs - academic or otherwise. This webinar takes you through key strategies
What skills do employers seek?Researchers at the start of their career don't often know where or how to search for jobs - academic or otherwise. This webinar takes you through key strategies,
Preparing for an industry interviewAs an early career researcher, you have probably survived your fair share of interviews and have a good idea what an employer wants to hear.
How to make the most of your PhD capabilities and find fulfilling jobsAs an early career researcher, or someone in the final stages of their PhD, a perennial question on one’s mind is “what’s next?”.
Going through peer review
When you’ve already invested so much time in your manuscript, it’s not always easy to hear that a reviewer thinks it needs more work. In these modules, we provide some useful advice on how to deal with those reviewer comments and keep your submission moving smoothly through the publishing process. You will learn the initial steps you should take, and the correct tone and language to use in your response letter. We also help you see your manuscript through the eyes of an editor and reviewer, so you can spot any shortfalls or mistakes before you submit.
What you will learn
- Practical advice on how to respond to reviewers
- An explanation of what reviewers are looking for
- Tips on looking at your submission with a critical eye