Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Book writing
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Editor webinars
- (-) Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Finding the right journal
- (-) Funding
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER)
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Career guidance
- (-) Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- (-) 认证同行评议课程
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- The Lancet
- (-) Ethics
- Research metrics
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
- Job search
Gender aspects of COVID-19 and the need for better dataDr Mahmood raises attention of the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic: what are the gender dimensions of this crisis?
Mobilising the research community of the Sustainable Development Solutions Network to adopt gender perspectives in their research for SDGsDorothea Strueber explains the mission of the SDSNs which are networks of knowledge creating organisations around the globe set up to promote research for SDGs.
A Sticky Pipeline: Why So Few Women of Science at the Top?Prof Kim explores how to ‘fix the numbers’ of women in science at the decision making and leadership levels in Korea.
How to secure funding - ECR editionThe first step to funding your research or getting the dream fellowship is writing the perfect application.
Plagiarism: Decision making & dealing with grey-zones across academic FieldsPlagiarism is often considered a classic form of scientific misconduct.
Crossing disciplinary boundaries in researcher training to address large-scale, real-world problemsDr Arthur takes as the focus for improving implementation success of SDGs the need to advance research that crosses disciplinary boundaries.
Expanding career choices of female chemical engineering students through chemical processes contributing to SDGsProf Oh reports on the latest statistics for Korean Education. For chemical engineering graduates, the gender difference in employment was 9.9% on average during 2012-16.
Why you can't afford to ignore publication ethicsHow publishing ethics can help make or break a researcher’s career.
Going through peer review
When you’ve already invested so much time in your manuscript, it’s not always easy to hear that a reviewer thinks it needs more work. In these modules, we provide some useful advice on how to deal with those reviewer comments and keep your submission moving smoothly through the publishing process. You will learn the initial steps you should take, and the correct tone and language to use in your response letter. We also help you see your manuscript through the eyes of an editor and reviewer, so you can spot any shortfalls or mistakes before you submit.
What you will learn
- Practical advice on how to respond to reviewers
- An explanation of what reviewers are looking for
- Tips on looking at your submission with a critical eye