Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- (-) Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- Finding the right journal
- (-) Funding
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- (-) Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
10 reasons to get – and use – an ORCID iDNames are far from unique. With an ORCID iD, researchers can benefit from being properly identified.
Seven strategies for scientists to communicate their research and create a brandWith societal impact being the primary goal of research, asking researchers to create a brand for themselves might sound counter-intuitive.
How to secure funding - ECR editionThe first step to funding your research or getting the dream fellowship is writing the perfect application.
Social Media for ResearchersGain practical insights into how researchers can leverage the power of social media.
Conference skills for researchersLearn how to get your work accepted into academic conferences and make the most of your time as a delegate.
Funding Hacks for ResearchersTop tips from the people who really understand what it takes to write a successful grant application.
Gender Bias in academic publishingUnconscious gender bias: what is it and what can we do to make the publishing process fairer for all?
How to promote yourself and your research as an Early Career ResearcherWhat does it take to be successful as an early career researcher? How much does communicating your research make a difference?
How to promote your research for maximum impactThis wide-ranging module is packed with useful advice to help you increase the visibility of your paper.
Making sense of science storiesFind out why you should always ask whether research is peer reviewed. And if it isn’t, ask why not.
The journal publishing cycleYour handy guide to scholarly publishing and the journal publishing cycle.
Going through peer review
When you’ve already invested so much time in your manuscript, it’s not always easy to hear that a reviewer thinks it needs more work. In these modules, we provide some useful advice on how to deal with those reviewer comments and keep your submission moving smoothly through the publishing process. You will learn the initial steps you should take, and the correct tone and language to use in your response letter. We also help you see your manuscript through the eyes of an editor and reviewer, so you can spot any shortfalls or mistakes before you submit.
What you will learn
- Practical advice on how to respond to reviewers
- An explanation of what reviewers are looking for
- Tips on looking at your submission with a critical eye