Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Book writing
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- (-) Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Editor webinars
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- (-) Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Sex and gender
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Career guidance
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- The Lancet
- Research metrics
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- (-) Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
- Job search
How to easily spot reliable journalsLearn the steps required to select the right home for your research, improving your chances of publication success.
Seven strategies for scientists to communicate their research and create a brandWith societal impact being the primary goal of research, asking researchers to create a brand for themselves might sound counter-intuitive.
Publishing ethics in Chemical and Material SciencesWe share some ethics do’s and don’ts and explain why you should be passionate about meeting the right standards.
How to get published in the Chemical SciencesTop tips for preparing a submission to a chemical sciences journal – which will also prove helpful for those in other disciplines.
Social Media for ResearchersGain practical insights into how researchers can leverage the power of social media.
Conference skills for researchersLearn how to get your work accepted into academic conferences and make the most of your time as a delegate.
The fundamentals of peer review for the Chemical SciencesDiscover the many benefits of reviewing in Chemistry and how you can get involved.
The nuts & bolts of peer review: a discussion by Biomaterials editorsEditors share their personal experiences of peer review and useful insights to help you grow in your reviewer role.
How to promote yourself and your research as an Early Career ResearcherWhat does it take to be successful as an early career researcher? How much does communicating your research make a difference?
Using AI to match your abstract to the right journalWhen it comes to finding the right journal – there is a lot to consider.
Using the most relevant metrics to help you choose the right journalAfter investing so much time and effort in your manuscript, you want to find a journal that has a suitable scope and the quality level you are looking for – not always an easy task.
Going through peer review
When you’ve already invested so much time in your manuscript, it’s not always easy to hear that a reviewer thinks it needs more work. In these modules, we provide some useful advice on how to deal with those reviewer comments and keep your submission moving smoothly through the publishing process. You will learn the initial steps you should take, and the correct tone and language to use in your response letter. We also help you see your manuscript through the eyes of an editor and reviewer, so you can spot any shortfalls or mistakes before you submit.
What you will learn
- Practical advice on how to respond to reviewers
- An explanation of what reviewers are looking for
- Tips on looking at your submission with a critical eye