Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- (-) Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- (-) 认证同行评议课程
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- (-) Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Job search
- (-) Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
What is burnout and how to address itBurnout is not a new phenomenon, but its increased visibility has given the issue more focus and light, especially in high-stress related fields and professions.
Podcast: 5 tips for researchers to support a healthy research careerMaking an impact through research is an important goal of many researchers, but this goal might impact or hamper healthy and sustainable work patterns.
How to transit from Academia to Industry?There are different reasons why people switch from academia to industry but the decisions, questions and the process remain similar.
How to prepare a proposal for a review articleAt many journals, the process for submitting a review article is much different from the process for a research article: rather than uploading your research manuscript and clicking Submit, it might
How to select a supervisorYour supervisor plays an important role in shaping the early years of your career so finding the right one is crucial.
Thinking outside the boxA senior scientist explains why you should never be afraid to break the mould.
Choosing a career in academia or industryTo move or not to move – we run through some of the pros and cons.
How do I prepare for the next step?How do you take decisions regarding your professional future as a researcher? Making a career in academia can be challenging and it's natural to feel like you don't see the complete picture.
Going through peer review
When you’ve already invested so much time in your manuscript, it’s not always easy to hear that a reviewer thinks it needs more work. In these modules, we provide some useful advice on how to deal with those reviewer comments and keep your submission moving smoothly through the publishing process. You will learn the initial steps you should take, and the correct tone and language to use in your response letter. We also help you see your manuscript through the eyes of an editor and reviewer, so you can spot any shortfalls or mistakes before you submit.
What you will learn
- Practical advice on how to respond to reviewers
- An explanation of what reviewers are looking for
- Tips on looking at your submission with a critical eye