Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- (-) Research data management
- Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- (-) Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
Creating a good research data management planFind out why you need a data management plan and what it takes to write an effective one.
How researchers benefit from citing dataAn in-depth look at citing data and how it can help you build your reputation as a researcher.
How researchers store, share and use dataDiscover the advantages of data sharing and how you can contribute to improving research reproducibility.
How to manage and publish your research dataThe need for sharing data today expands beyond its purpose of promoting transparency and reproducibility.
How to conduct evidence-based researchIt’s natural to think that all research is evidence based given the long citation lists that research papers come with.
Advancing BRIDGE (better research, innovation and development for gender equality) through cooperation between universities, industry and societyDr Watanabe explains the path taken in Japan to advance gender equality in science and how the 10th Gender Summit – Asia Pacific in Tokyo in 2017 has helped propel these efforts, includi
Initiatives and programmes for engaging women scientists in developing world in research for SDGsYlann Schemm explains the mission of the Elsevier Foundation to advance women, in developing countries, in science career and science endeavours, including research for SDGs.
Gendered Innovations in accountable data management research for sustainable developmentProf Lee explains how Korea has advanced national policy for gender equality in science including ensuring that scientific evidence does not discriminate against women by relying on study populatio
An integrated approach - gender and SDG interklinkagesProf Griggs explains the efforts to establish integrated perspectives on SDGs to take advantage of the interactions, interdependencies, and synergies between different SDGs, which would help the p
Building science in Africa with full participation of women as researchers, educators and leadersLydie Hakizimana introduces AIMS and its mission to advance opportunities for women and men to participate in post-graduate education in STEM.
Catalyzing the earning potential of disadvantaged women, men and youth by integrating them into viable economic systemsDr Nyambi explains how her organisation MEDA works towards women’s socio-economic empowerment in some of the poorest areas in the world.
Theme 9 IntroductionDr Pollitzer introduces the representatives of the organisations that have been instrumental to making the Gender Summit platform a global forum for advancing better research methods and impacts, w
Going through peer review
When you’ve already invested so much time in your manuscript, it’s not always easy to hear that a reviewer thinks it needs more work. In these modules, we provide some useful advice on how to deal with those reviewer comments and keep your submission moving smoothly through the publishing process. You will learn the initial steps you should take, and the correct tone and language to use in your response letter. We also help you see your manuscript through the eyes of an editor and reviewer, so you can spot any shortfalls or mistakes before you submit.
What you will learn
- Practical advice on how to respond to reviewers
- An explanation of what reviewers are looking for
- Tips on looking at your submission with a critical eye