Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Book writing
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Editor webinars
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Sex and gender
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- (-) Career guidance
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- The Lancet
- Research metrics
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
- Job search
What is burnout and how to address itBurnout is not a new phenomenon, but its increased visibility has given the issue more focus and light, especially in high-stress related fields and professions.
Podcast: 5 tips for researchers to support a healthy research careerMaking an impact through research is an important goal of many researchers, but this goal might impact or hamper healthy and sustainable work patterns.
How to transit from Academia to Industry?There are different reasons why people switch from academia to industry but the decisions, questions and the process remain similar.
How to select a supervisorYour supervisor plays an important role in shaping the early years of your career so finding the right one is crucial.
Thinking outside the boxA senior scientist explains why you should never be afraid to break the mould.
Choosing a career in academia or industryTo move or not to move – we run through some of the pros and cons.
How do I prepare for the next step?How do you take decisions regarding your professional future as a researcher? Making a career in academia can be challenging and it's natural to feel like you don't see the complete picture.
Managing mental health: dealing with imposter syndrome and moreThis module draws on latest psychology to look at evidence-based strategies you can use to stay well while you research.
Mindfulness for researchers – an approach to stress relief and “research-life” balanceScientific research is a stressful business.
Top 5 career questions for researchersHow do you take decisions regarding your professional future as a researcher? Making a career in academia can be challenging and it's natural to feel like you don't see the complete picture.
How to network at conferencesNetworking at conferences is one of the most important parts of a researcher’s job.
Becoming a peer reviewer
Peer review is a skill, and in this series of modules, we share some tips to help you deliver review reports guaranteed to make any editor smile. We start by explaining the actions you should definitely avoid, from saying yes when you don’t have time to complete a review, to providing biased or unfair statements. We highlight points to consider when looking at each element of the article and explain how to be constructive in your feedback. You will also learn how your reviewing activities can provide an important stepping stone towards becoming a journal editor.
What you will learn
- Common reviewing mistakes
- Tips for writing an effective review
- Insights into how reviewing can boost your career