Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Career guidance
- Open science
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Clear all
Becoming a peer reviewer
Peer review is a skill, and in this series of modules, we share some tips to help you deliver review reports guaranteed to make any editor smile. We start by explaining the actions you should definitely avoid, from saying yes when you don’t have time to complete a review, to providing biased or unfair statements. We highlight points to consider when looking at each element of the article and explain how to be constructive in your feedback. You will also learn how your reviewing activities can provide an important stepping stone towards becoming a journal editor.
What you will learn
- Common reviewing mistakes
- Tips for writing an effective review
- Insights into how reviewing can boost your career