Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- (-) Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
Introduction to the Certified Peer Reviewer CourseWould you like to become a certified peer reviewer? Elsevier Researcher Academy is pleased to announce a new certified course in peer reviewing.
What to expect from the Certified Peer Reviewer Course?One week until the Certified Peer Reviewer Course goes live! This podcast gives you a sneak peak into what to expect from the course and why you should sign up.
1.1 What is peer review? Why peer review?To prepare you for the Certified Peer Reviewer course, in this first section, we take a step back and discuss the history of academic publishing and explain the status quo of peer review.
1.2 Models of peer reviewIn this section, we discuss the various models of peer review and break down the difference between single/double/triple and open peer review, and discuss their strong suits and shortcomings.
1.3 The typical peer review processThis section breaks down the typical peer review process by discussing the steps from submission to the selection of reviewers by the editors.
1.4 How to get involvedLearn how you can get involved in peer review and contribute to trust and quality in academia and research.
2.0 I just got a review invite, what’s next?This section follows your journey from when you get the invitation to review.
3.1 How to write a helpful peer review reportProbably the most important part of the peer review process, this section digs deep into what it takes to write a peer review report, which will be helpful to the author and ultimately to science.
4.0 What next?This final module of the course apprises you of your continued responsibility as a reviewer, and discusses how you can get recognition for your efforts.
3.2 The comments to editors and decision recommendationsContinuing your learning on how to write a helpful peer review report, this section discusses the confidential comments you can make to the editor and explains the decision recommendations you can
3.3 How to peer review a review articlePeer review is an essential part of publishing review articles, just like it is for research articles.
Certified Peer Reviewer Course AssessmentNow that you have listened to all our experts, taken notes and are ready to review, it's time to test your knowledge and claim that certificate, of course!
With so much new research published each year, it’s never been more important to actively promote your paper. In this series of modules, we share some useful tips to help you increase the visibility of your work.
You will hear about the importance of SEO, (search engine optimization), and the points to consider when writing your paper. We introduce some of the tools available to support you and help you track your efforts.
0 / 6
- Chinese (Traditional)
What you will learn
- How to prepare for promotion at the writing stage
- Actions you can take post-publication
- Tips for tracking and measuring your success