Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- (-) Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- (-) Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
What is burnout and how to address itBurnout is not a new phenomenon, but its increased visibility has given the issue more focus and light, especially in high-stress related fields and professions.
Podcast: 5 tips for researchers to support a healthy research careerMaking an impact through research is an important goal of many researchers, but this goal might impact or hamper healthy and sustainable work patterns.
How to transit from Academia to Industry?There are different reasons why people switch from academia to industry but the decisions, questions and the process remain similar.
How to easily spot reliable journalsLearn the steps required to select the right home for your research, improving your chances of publication success.
How to select a supervisorYour supervisor plays an important role in shaping the early years of your career so finding the right one is crucial.
Thinking outside the boxA senior scientist explains why you should never be afraid to break the mould.
Choosing a career in academia or industryTo move or not to move – we run through some of the pros and cons.
How do I prepare for the next step?How do you take decisions regarding your professional future as a researcher? Making a career in academia can be challenging and it's natural to feel like you don't see the complete picture.
Managing mental health: dealing with imposter syndrome and moreThis module draws on latest psychology to look at evidence-based strategies you can use to stay well while you research.
Mindfulness for researchers – an approach to stress relief and “research-life” balanceScientific research is a stressful business.
Top 5 career questions for researchersHow do you take decisions regarding your professional future as a researcher? Making a career in academia can be challenging and it's natural to feel like you don't see the complete picture.
Using AI to match your abstract to the right journalWhen it comes to finding the right journal – there is a lot to consider.
Research collaborations are becoming increasingly common. Several research grants and career advancement opportunities are directly linked to research collaboration.
Collaborations in research come in many forms, including co-authorship, research network building, joint research, and research partnerships. Early career researchers, in particular, stand to gain a lot from collaborations, either by getting involved in existing research groups, or by looking for collaborators whose skills are complementary to theirs. In these modules, you will learn how (and why) to collaborate with industry, how international collaborations work, and how to create a sustain research collaborations over time.
What you will learn
- Advice on how collaborate with industry
- Guidance on making research collaborations work
- An introduction to the importance of collaborations