Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
Innovation at Cell Press: Make the most of free Cell Press resourcesLearn all about innovation, growth in the multi-disciplinary content and the expanding open access publishing strategy at Cell Press with Dr. Deborah Sweet, Senior Vice President of Publishing at Cell Press.
Guest editorsGuest editors play a vital role in curating high-quality contributions on a particular topic and driving the editorial review process for special issue publications.
Make your data findable- It's Not FAIR! Improving Data Publishing Practices in ResearchFindable, Accessible, Interoperable and Re-usable - The FAIR Data Principles. Likely you’ve heard about FAIR, but do you know how it can support you and your own research?
Make your data accessible -It's Not FAIR! Improving Data Publishing Practices in ResearchFindable, Accessible, Interoperable and Re-usable - The FAIR Data Principles. Likely you’ve heard about FAIR, but do you know how it can support you and your own research?
Get Expert Advice on Publishing in JACC JournalsJoin Valentin Fuster, MD, PhD, Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology (JACC) to learn techniques on how to develop papers for premium publications, and explore the opportunity to broadly disseminate findings.
Communication In Crisis: The American College of Cardiology’s COVID-19 HubLearn about the origin and the intent of the ACC COVID-19 Hub with Thomas M. Maddox, MD, MSc, FACC, chair of the ACC’s Science and Quality committee. Dr. Maddox will walk you through the current content, clinician engagement and plans for future iterations of the ACC’s COVID-19 Hub.
Clinical Cases & Social Media: Tips & TechniquesLearn how to prepare your clinical case for successful submission and get tips on how to ensure visibility of your findings for the benefit of wider public using social media with Dr. Julia Grapsa, Editor-in-Chief, JACC: Case Reports and Dr. Mary Norine Walsh, President, American College of Cardiology.
The Future of BatteriesJoin this engaging Cell Press webinar which aims to highlight innovative work that has the potential to shape the direction of future battery research and development.
How do editors look at your paper?Getting published isn’t easy. We help level the playing field by revealing what an editor really wants.
Fundamentals of peer review
Peer review is the cornerstone of the scientific publishing process, yet editors face a daily struggle to find researchers willing to review for their journal. In this series of modules, we explain why it is so important to get involved in peer review and the many benefits it can bring. You will hear how carrying out peer review can sharpen your own writing skills and introduce you to some of the movers and shakers in your field. You will learn how you can volunteer, and discover the ethics guidelines you should comply with. Moreover, we explain why there is a move towards making peer review more transparent.
What you will learn
- The many benefits reviewing brings
- Your responsibilities as a reviewer
- Why there is a move towards transparency