Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- (-) Societies Publishing
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- (-) Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
Get Expert Advice on Publishing in JACC JournalsJoin Valentin Fuster, MD, PhD, Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology (JACC) to learn techniques on how to develop papers for premium publications, and explore the opportunity to broadly disseminate findings.
Communication In Crisis: The American College of Cardiology’s COVID-19 HubLearn about the origin and the intent of the ACC COVID-19 Hub with Thomas M. Maddox, MD, MSc, FACC, chair of the ACC’s Science and Quality committee. Dr. Maddox will walk you through the current content, clinician engagement and plans for future iterations of the ACC’s COVID-19 Hub.
Clinical Cases & Social Media: Tips & TechniquesLearn how to prepare your clinical case for successful submission and get tips on how to ensure visibility of your findings for the benefit of wider public using social media with Dr. Julia Grapsa, Editor-in-Chief, JACC: Case Reports and Dr. Mary Norine Walsh, President, American College of Cardiology.
How to prepare a proposal for a review articleAt many journals, the process for submitting a review article is much different from the process for a research article: rather than uploading your research manuscript and clicking Submit, it might
Ethical Issues in the Dissemination of Genomic Science: Perspectives from Genetics in MedicineInternational collaborations have long been an important element of genomic science.
How to Become a Successful Researcher At Every Stage of Your CareerPursuing a career as a physician-scientist can be daunting, especially as the success rates for securing research grants has declined from 33% to 19%, while the number of grant applications has inc
Must Know Tips for Publishing In JACC JournalsLearn techniques and strategies for getting published in JACC journals with Dr. David J. Moliterno, MD, FACC, Editor-in-Chief, JACC: Cardiovascular Interventions.
10 tips for writing a truly terrible journal articleThese top tips on how NOT to write a research article will help you avoid some common pitfalls.
Writing a persuasive cover letter for your manuscriptSubmitting your manuscript without a cover letter or an incomplete one can impact the outcome of your submission.
5 Diseases ailing research – and how to cure themLearn how you can avoid or be cured of the 5 diseases affecting academic writing and research.
Finding the right journal
If you want to get your paper published, one of the key challenges you face is finding the right journal for your research. From the aims and scope, to the journal’s values and ethical practice, there are many points to take into account.
You will want to consider the impact of the journal and there are various metrics available to help you do that. In this series of modules, we explore all these important decision factors in detail. We hear from experts who have practical tips to help you make the right choice. And, we share a useful checklist you can use when evaluating the many journals available.
What you will learn
- Tips for assessing a journal’s aims and scope
- Advice on judging a journal’s ethics
- A useful guide to journal and article metrics