Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- (-) Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- (-) Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
Gender aspects of COVID-19 and the need for better dataDr Mahmood raises attention of the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic: what are the gender dimensions of this crisis?
Business Development for ResearchersBusiness benefits with deep insights from research, but is it possible for researchers to benefit from business models?
Supporting the Global SDGs: Gender Equity Initiatives at The LancetDr Clark explains the commitment and actions taken across The Lancet group to advance gender equality. A key driving force is The Lancet Women.
Biological Hazards and Disaster Risk Reduction: Gender ImplicationsProf Shaw explains the work of the Sandai Framework which prioritises national health systems but lately expanded to add to the biological hazards the scope of other types of hazards, e.g.
Impact of COVID-19 on higher education institutions, and gender perspective in disaster response in JapanProf Izumi examines the impact of COVID-19 on higher education institutions in Japan: how well were they prepared for managing this emergency, given that most efforts have been directed at coping w
Design Thinking: Turn research into innovationInnovation is vital for most working fields and research is not an exception. In fact, innovation is a central tenet of research that can advance the field based on previous body of knowledge.
生涯規劃：我該選擇什麼研究專業和領域選擇什麽研究專業和領域有時是一個讓人十分糾結的決定。即使已經畢業了您都可能對自己之前選擇的領域並不確定，在思考現在想要換個研究方向是否已經太遲。來自萊頓大學的Christine L. Mummery教授告訴我們，為時未晚。她本人由物理學和生物物理學轉向幹細胞生物學，而她的兩名同僚分別是從英語語言文學和歷史學進入了這個領域。
The right choice of studyDiscover why it’s never too late to change disciplines and the many advantages to be gained.
COVID-19 & the need for gender responsive pandemic preparedness and response plansProf Morgan stresses the need for gender responsive emergency preparedness and response mechanisms.
Lean Startup PrinciplesThe temptation to work in the industry while not wanting to leave academia is a common contention for many researchers in their career trajectory.
Theme 3 IntroductionDr Karlsson introduces Elsevier as a committed actor in advancing research for SDGs in its role as a science publisher and as an information analytics company.
Finding the right journal
If you want to get your paper published, one of the key challenges you face is finding the right journal for your research. From the aims and scope, to the journal’s values and ethical practice, there are many points to take into account.
You will want to consider the impact of the journal and there are various metrics available to help you do that. In this series of modules, we explore all these important decision factors in detail. We hear from experts who have practical tips to help you make the right choice. And, we share a useful checklist you can use when evaluating the many journals available.
What you will learn
- Tips for assessing a journal’s aims and scope
- Advice on judging a journal’s ethics
- A useful guide to journal and article metrics