Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- (-) Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- (-) Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- (-) Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
How do editors look at your paper?Getting published isn’t easy. We help level the playing field by revealing what an editor really wants.
How to respond to reviewers' commentsIt’s not easy to receive feedback on your submission but we have plenty of top tips to help you respond.
Publishing open accessUnderstand how open access publishing works and how you can publish open access.
How to leverage open hardware to improve your researchWhy is Open Source Hardware important? Did you know it offers fundamental advantages to the research community?
Gender aspects of COVID-19 and the need for better dataDr Mahmood raises attention of the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic: what are the gender dimensions of this crisis?
Biological Hazards and Disaster Risk Reduction: Gender ImplicationsProf Shaw explains the work of the Sandai Framework which prioritises national health systems but lately expanded to add to the biological hazards the scope of other types of hazards, e.g.
Impact of COVID-19 on higher education institutions, and gender perspective in disaster response in JapanProf Izumi examines the impact of COVID-19 on higher education institutions in Japan: how well were they prepared for managing this emergency, given that most efforts have been directed at coping w
Supporting the Global SDGs: Gender Equity Initiatives at The LancetDr Clark explains the commitment and actions taken across The Lancet group to advance gender equality. A key driving force is The Lancet Women.
COVID-19 & the need for gender responsive pandemic preparedness and response plansProf Morgan stresses the need for gender responsive emergency preparedness and response mechanisms.
Theme 3 IntroductionDr Karlsson introduces Elsevier as a committed actor in advancing research for SDGs in its role as a science publisher and as an information analytics company.
Fundamentals of open accessIn light of the 15th anniversary of the International Open Access Week, Researcher Academy is launching a three-part module series aiming to give early career researchers an entry point into the wo
Cost of publishing open access: how and whyIn light of the 15th anniversary of the International Open Access Week, Researcher Academy is launching a three-part module series aiming to give early career researchers an entry point into the wo
Finding the right journal
If you want to get your paper published, one of the key challenges you face is finding the right journal for your research. From the aims and scope, to the journal’s values and ethical practice, there are many points to take into account.
You will want to consider the impact of the journal and there are various metrics available to help you do that. In this series of modules, we explore all these important decision factors in detail. We hear from experts who have practical tips to help you make the right choice. And, we share a useful checklist you can use when evaluating the many journals available.
What you will learn
- Tips for assessing a journal’s aims and scope
- Advice on judging a journal’s ethics
- A useful guide to journal and article metrics