Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- (-) Finding the right journal
- (-) Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- (-) Societies Publishing
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- (-) Research data management
- Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
Creating a good research data management planFind out why you need a data management plan and what it takes to write an effective one.
How researchers benefit from citing dataAn in-depth look at citing data and how it can help you build your reputation as a researcher.
How researchers store, share and use dataDiscover the advantages of data sharing and how you can contribute to improving research reproducibility.
Making academia–industry collaborations workCollaborations with industry partners on specialized projects are becoming commonplace. Learn how to avoid the main pitfalls.
The key to successful academic collaborationsAcademic collaborations with researchers from varying backgrounds can act as a conduit to innovative ideas and solutions.
How to produce highly visible research: Useful tips for researchersWhile research is the central part of a researcher’s life, producing high-impact work by engaging in multidisciplinary and collaborative research is an added demand to the already substantial workl
How to manage and publish your research dataThe need for sharing data today expands beyond its purpose of promoting transparency and reproducibility.
How to conduct evidence-based researchIt’s natural to think that all research is evidence based given the long citation lists that research papers come with.
Expert Tips for Publishing in JACC Journals and Cardiovascular Health PromotionLearn about techniques and strategies for publishing in JACC Journals and tips for developing papers for high-impact publications with Valentin Fuster, MD, PhD, Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology (JACC).
Get Expert Advice on Publishing in JACC JournalsJoin Valentin Fuster, MD, PhD, Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology (JACC) to learn techniques on how to develop papers for premium publications, and explore the opportunity to broadly disseminate findings.
Communication In Crisis: The American College of Cardiology’s COVID-19 HubLearn about the origin and the intent of the ACC COVID-19 Hub with Thomas M. Maddox, MD, MSc, FACC, chair of the ACC’s Science and Quality committee. Dr. Maddox will walk you through the current content, clinician engagement and plans for future iterations of the ACC’s COVID-19 Hub.
How to publish with Nursing for Women's HealthLearn about developing a manuscript, strategies for getting your work accepted, common reasons for manuscript rejection and author resources at Nursing for Women’s Health with Dr. Mary C. Brucker, Editor, Nursing for Women’s Health.
Finding the right journal
If you want to get your paper published, one of the key challenges you face is finding the right journal for your research. From the aims and scope, to the journal’s values and ethical practice, there are many points to take into account.
You will want to consider the impact of the journal and there are various metrics available to help you do that. In this series of modules, we explore all these important decision factors in detail. We hear from experts who have practical tips to help you make the right choice. And, we share a useful checklist you can use when evaluating the many journals available.
What you will learn
- Tips for assessing a journal’s aims and scope
- Advice on judging a journal’s ethics
- A useful guide to journal and article metrics