Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
Thinking numbers in pictures: Data visualization for research articles
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- (-) Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- Finding the right journal
- (-) Funding
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
10 reasons to get – and use – an ORCID iDNames are far from unique. With an ORCID iD, researchers can benefit from being properly identified.
How to secure funding - ECR editionThe first step to funding your research or getting the dream fellowship is writing the perfect application.
Funding Hacks for ResearchersTop tips from the people who really understand what it takes to write a successful grant application.
Gender Bias in academic publishingUnconscious gender bias: what is it and what can we do to make the publishing process fairer for all?
Making sense of science storiesFind out why you should always ask whether research is peer reviewed. And if it isn’t, ask why not.
The journal publishing cycleYour handy guide to scholarly publishing and the journal publishing cycle.
The origins of scientific publishingSetting out on your publishing career? Find out what publishers get up to behind the scenes to smooth your path.
Successful research grant applications – getting it rightOur useful step by step guide to preparing a grant application can help you tick all the boxes first time.
Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
As you embark on your publishing career, it can feel like there’s an endless array of procedures, protocols and best practice to absorb.
In this series of modules, we walk you through some of the key points you should pay attention to during that all-important manuscript preparation stage.
We explain how the publishing cycle works from submission and peer review through to decision time! You will learn about the various elements in a traditional research article and receive valuable tips on how to maximize their potential. Additionally, we highlight the importance of the abstract and how you can make sure yours packs a punch.
What you will learn
- An introduction to the publishing process
- Insights into how to build an article
- Top tips for writing a great abstract