Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- (-) Cell Press
- Book writing
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Editor webinars
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Finding the right journal
- (-) Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Sex and gender
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- (-) Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Career guidance
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- The Lancet
- Research metrics
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
- Job search
Innovation at Cell Press: Make the most of free Cell Press resourcesLearn all about innovation, growth in the multi-disciplinary content and the expanding open access publishing strategy at Cell Press with Dr. Deborah Sweet, Senior Vice President of Publishing at Cell Press.
The Future of BatteriesJoin this engaging Cell Press webinar which aims to highlight innovative work that has the potential to shape the direction of future battery research and development.
Understanding Materials for Quantum Information ProcessingJoin this engaging Cell Press webinar where the speakers will discuss their pioneering works in the field of quantum information processing, including the synthesis of new materials and characterization of their underlying physical processes.
Lessons from the Gender Asset Gap ProjectProf Doss explains how assets are shared between women and men and that joint ownership does not imply equality. Legal frameworks affect how data can be interpreted, e.g. marital property rights.
How to Prepare Your manuscripts for Publication in Top JournalsWould you like to learn tips for writing and developing a strong narrative for your work?
Navigating the Publishing Process for High Impact JournalsJoin Luke Batchelor, Ph.D., Editor-in-Chief, Cell Reports Physical Sciences for an engaging webinar to learn about techniques and strategies for authoring in high impact journals.
Best Practices in Submitting Research for Highly Selective JournalsLearn how to prepare your manuscripts for publication in the best journal for your research with Dr. Robert Eagling, Editor-in-Chief, Chem.
How to Prepare Your Manuscripts for Publication in Top JournalsLearn tips for writing and developing a strong narrative for your work with Kavitha Scranton, Ph.D., Senior Scientific Editor, Immunity.
Techniques for Publishing in Transformative Ground-Breaking JournalsLearn techniques and strategies for developing your papers for ground-breaking publications with Dr. Lewis Collins, Editor-in-Chief, One Earth.
Prioritisation within the SDG network: which SDG linkages matter most?Prof Dawes compares different approaches to identify networks of interacting SDG targets that can support analysis of impacts and rates of change to choose the most effective SDGs implementation st
How to produce highly visible research: Useful tips for researchersWhile research is the central part of a researcher’s life, producing high-impact work by engaging in multidisciplinary and collaborative research is an added demand to the already substantial workl
Ethics and Copyright: Insights for Research Publishing from Cell PressLearn about authoring responsibilities, post-publication issues, and strategies for publishing in high-standard and high-impact journals with Natalie Cain, Senior Scientific Editor, Cell Reports.
Becoming a book author or editor can be a useful career move and help position you as an expert in your field. In this series of book writing modules, we explore the various ways you can become involved in book publishing and what you should consider before taking that step.
If books prove to be the right path for you, we offer advice on the various types available, the process of writing a book proposal, and how to identify the right publisher. Once your book finally hits the shelves, you’ll want to maximize discoverability – we show you how.
What you will learn
- Why you should publish a book
- Advice on writing a compelling proposal
- Ideas for promoting your work