Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Book writing
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Editor webinars
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER)
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Career guidance
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- The Lancet
- Research metrics
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- (-) Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
- Job search
How to write case reportsCase reports provide valuable information by throwing light on rare and unusual clinical presentations, symptoms or diseases.
An editor’s guide to writing a review articleWriting a compelling review article is about more than picking an interesting topic and gathering the latest references.
Make the most of your research: publish your data & methodsFrom data collection, sampling choices and methodological considerations, there are many parts of your research that deserve more attention than they get in traditional journal articles.
How to write for an interdisciplinary audienceAs a researcher, you may have a story to tell that contributes not just to members of your own specific field of study, but that is of interest to a wider international interdisciplinary audienc
Systematic reviews 101Systematic reviews are used to rigorously analyze and aggregate current research to answer a question based on making best use of existing evidence rather than commissioning new primary studies.
How to design effective figures for review articlesA great research article or review is about more than listing research results: it is about telling a story through the data or giving your readers some insight they could not get from reading the
Beginners’ guide to writing a manuscript in LaTeXEverything you need to know about using LaTeX to ensure your formula-heavy manuscript has a professional polish.
Applying for a research grant can be a long and painful process and there are no guarantees it will end in success. The useful tips shared in our funding modules could prove just the boost you need to secure financial support.
You will learn how (and why) you should critically assess your research idea. We then walk you through points to consider when locating the right funding opportunity to match it. You will hear about some of the common mistakes researchers make when filling in their applications and how your network can help. And, we explain the power of metrics (particularly altmetrics) in helping funders picture your future potential.
What you will learn
- Advice from experts on funding
- Guidance on writing a great application
- An introduction to metrics