Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- (-) Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- (-) Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
How to find your intrinsic motivation?As an early career researcher, or someone in the final stages of their PhD, a perennial question on one’s mind is “what’s next?”.
Advancing BRIDGE (better research, innovation and development for gender equality) through cooperation between universities, industry and societyDr Watanabe explains the path taken in Japan to advance gender equality in science and how the 10th Gender Summit – Asia Pacific in Tokyo in 2017 has helped propel these efforts, includi
Initiatives and programmes for engaging women scientists in developing world in research for SDGsYlann Schemm explains the mission of the Elsevier Foundation to advance women, in developing countries, in science career and science endeavours, including research for SDGs.
Catalyzing the earning potential of disadvantaged women, men and youth by integrating them into viable economic systemsDr Nyambi explains how her organisation MEDA works towards women’s socio-economic empowerment in some of the poorest areas in the world.
Writing an effective CVFind out which skills to showcase in your CV if you want to move from academia to industry.
Theme 9 IntroductionDr Pollitzer introduces the representatives of the organisations that have been instrumental to making the Gender Summit platform a global forum for advancing better research methods and impacts, w
Job search strategies for early career researchersResearchers at the start of their career don't often know where or how to search for jobs - academic or otherwise. This webinar takes you through key strategies
What skills do employers seek?Researchers at the start of their career don't often know where or how to search for jobs - academic or otherwise. This webinar takes you through key strategies,
Preparing for an industry interviewAs an early career researcher, you have probably survived your fair share of interviews and have a good idea what an employer wants to hear.
Gendered Innovations in accountable data management research for sustainable developmentProf Lee explains how Korea has advanced national policy for gender equality in science including ensuring that scientific evidence does not discriminate against women by relying on study populatio
An integrated approach - gender and SDG interklinkagesProf Griggs explains the efforts to establish integrated perspectives on SDGs to take advantage of the interactions, interdependencies, and synergies between different SDGs, which would help the p
How to make the most of your PhD capabilities and find fulfilling jobsAs an early career researcher, or someone in the final stages of their PhD, a perennial question on one’s mind is “what’s next?”.
Open science is the new buzzword but what does it actually mean? And what about open access? Where does that fit into the story? In these modules, we cover the topics in detail. We look at the many definitions of open science and how you can use it in your own research and publishing career. We also explore open access and whether there are any specific points to consider when choosing to go down that publishing path.
0 / 5
What you will learn
- What is open science
- New insight into how you can benefit from it
- Points to consider when publishing open access