Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- (-) Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- (-) Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
How to get your book publishedHow to write a compelling book proposal and increase your chances of getting that all important ‘yes’.
Guide to reference managers: How to effectively manage your referencesLearn how reference managers can make your research life simpler while helping you make the most of your data.
From article to art: Creating visual abstracts - Parts 1 & 2: A Guide to Visual AbstractsWhat is a visual abstract and why should you use visual abstracts in your research? How can you create a visual abstract and what message from your research should you select?
Discoverability: top tips to get your book out thereDiscoverability – we determine what it means and how it can help your book reach the right readers.
From article to art: Creating visual abstracts - Part 4: Sketching the appropriate visual elementsIn Part 4 of our "From article to art: Creating visual abstracts" module, Mark Belan will guide you in selecting your visual components and portraying the outcome precisely, as well as preparing a
From article to art: Creating visual abstractsOne of the most daunting activities when submitting a research article could be preparing a visual abstract.
From article to art: Creating visual abstracts - Part 3: DesigningPart 3 of our "From article to art: Creating visual abstracts" module focuses on Design tips to make visual abstracts accessible and engaging.
Thinking numbers in pictures: Data visualization for research articlesImagine a research article without graphs or plots! How difficult would it be to understand or explain science without data visualization?
How to write an abstract and improve your articleAn abstract can make or break an article. Our guide contains the know-how you need to ensure yours is a success.
How to prepare your manuscriptThis introduction to the publishing process contains helpful insights for those preparing to submit a manuscript for the first time.
Structuring your article correctlyIn this in-depth guide to structuring an article, we shine a spotlight on each of the article elements in turn.
Open science is the new buzzword but what does it actually mean? And what about open access? Where does that fit into the story? In these modules, we cover the topics in detail. We look at the many definitions of open science and how you can use it in your own research and publishing career. We also explore open access and whether there are any specific points to consider when choosing to go down that publishing path.
0 / 5
What you will learn
- What is open science
- New insight into how you can benefit from it
- Points to consider when publishing open access