Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- (-) Fundamentals of peer review
Diversity in peer reviewWhy diversity in peer review is central to both academia and your research career.
Why get involved in peer reviewWhy saying ‘yes’ when an editor asks you to review can boost your research and publishing career.
Ethics responsibilities for peer reviewersThis clear guide to ethics responsibilities for reviewers ensures you can approach your next review with confidence.
Recognizing peer reviewers: A webinar to celebrate editors and researchersA detailed discussion on the peer review process that will shine new light on the role you can play.
Transparency in peer reviewFind out why transparency in peer review is on the rise and how you can get involved.
Building trust and engagement in peer reviewThe peer review process depends on the activities of editors, reviewers, and authors for its success.
Fundamentals of publishing
You are probably familiar with the saying “publish or perish”. To ensure your publishing career thrives, we recommend investing a little time in understanding how the process works.
In these fundamentals of publishing modules, we cover the basics. You will learn about the publishing cycle and we introduce you to some of the key players and their roles. We zoom in to examine the origins of Publishers and walk you through their services. And, we offer some sound advice on weighing up the value and accuracy of the research you read. Last, but definitely not least, we turn our thoughts to the problem of unconscious bias in the publishing process.
What you will learn
- An introduction to publishing and the key players
- Key points to consider when evaluating research
- A frank discussion on unconscious bias