Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- Finding the right journal
- (-) Funding
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- (-) Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- (-) Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
Advancing best practice for incorporation of gender analysis in health researchDr Heidari explains why it is essential to incorporate methods of sex/gender analysis into research design and communication and how different agencies and actors: regulatory agencies, research fun
How to secure funding - ECR editionThe first step to funding your research or getting the dream fellowship is writing the perfect application.
Gender Issues in Community Design for Ageing in PlaceProf Rieh explains how to design cities that are senior and gender friendly. Senior women in Korea form the biggest proportion of citizens but also the poorest.
Guide to reference managers: How to effectively manage your referencesLearn how reference managers can make your research life simpler while helping you make the most of your data.
From article to art: Creating visual abstracts - Parts 1 & 2: A Guide to Visual AbstractsWhat is a visual abstract and why should you use visual abstracts in your research? How can you create a visual abstract and what message from your research should you select?
Funding Hacks for ResearchersTop tips from the people who really understand what it takes to write a successful grant application.
Intersectional perspectives in digitalisation of science and societyProf Schiebinger explains the efforts to remove and prevent gender and other types of bias in research and innovation by closing gaps in understanding how sex and gender influence results and diffe
From article to art: Creating visual abstracts - Part 4: Sketching the appropriate visual elementsIn Part 4 of our "From article to art: Creating visual abstracts" module, Mark Belan will guide you in selecting your visual components and portraying the outcome precisely, as well as preparing a
Genetic studies on the differences between the sexes and what they mean for gender research and gender equityProf Graves explains the types and sources of genetic differences between women and men and how these differences evolved over time to impact on women’s lives.
From article to art: Creating visual abstractsOne of the most daunting activities when submitting a research article could be preparing a visual abstract.
From article to art: Creating visual abstracts - Part 3: DesigningPart 3 of our "From article to art: Creating visual abstracts" module focuses on Design tips to make visual abstracts accessible and engaging.
Thinking numbers in pictures: Data visualization for research articlesImagine a research article without graphs or plots! How difficult would it be to understand or explain science without data visualization?
Going through peer review
When you’ve already invested so much time in your manuscript, it’s not always easy to hear that a reviewer thinks it needs more work. In these modules, we provide some useful advice on how to deal with those reviewer comments and keep your submission moving smoothly through the publishing process. You will learn the initial steps you should take, and the correct tone and language to use in your response letter. We also help you see your manuscript through the eyes of an editor and reviewer, so you can spot any shortfalls or mistakes before you submit.
What you will learn
- Practical advice on how to respond to reviewers
- An explanation of what reviewers are looking for
- Tips on looking at your submission with a critical eye