Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Clear all
- Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- (-) Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- (-) Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- (-) Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
Enabling inclusive sharing of knowledge for SDGs. Innovations introduced at Elsevier at the nexus of gender, sustainability, and development research communicationMr Chi reports on the actions taken by Elsevier as a research publisher, employer and leader in science data analytics to advance gender equality in science knowledge making and communication. Sci
UN SDGs and the Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs) on Gender: What Countries are Reporting and What is Missing in VNRsProf Kim explains what can be learned from monitoring progress in achieving SDGs at national level. So far, both the interest and the level of achievement have been very disappointing.
Mobilising, enhancing and harmonising the capacity of research funders to advance women and gender perspectives in research programmes for better quality of impactProf Almeida explains the mission of the Global Research Council, which is composed of heads of national research councils from around the world, to advance research and develop the needed talent p
Solving societal problems by fostering gender equality in the educational, research, and innovation functions of HEIsDr Sarrico explains the results from the OECD study on the conditions of science careers experienced by women and the resulting recommendations for addressing the obstacles created by inequalities
Counted and visible: Measurements of gender and intersecting inequalities across UN agenciesMr Seck explains the current efforts made by UN Women to close gaps in gender data and advance better statistical evidence for SDGs implementation in the future.
Exploring the policy space and gender data, using data across the SDGs and unpacking disparitiesMr Motivans explains the mission of Equal Measures 2030 to close gaps in gender data and evidence through their SDG Gender Index, and to connect gender statistics with advocacy efforts and actions.
Lessons from the Gender Asset Gap ProjectProf Doss explains how assets are shared between women and men and that joint ownership does not imply equality. Legal frameworks affect how data can be interpreted, e.g. marital property rights.
Prioritisation within the SDG network: which SDG linkages matter most?Prof Dawes compares different approaches to identify networks of interacting SDG targets that can support analysis of impacts and rates of change to choose the most effective SDGs implementation st
Can gender equality help solve Climate ChangeProf McGlade creates a context by referring to the names given to storms where tradition is to alternate male and female names.
Promoting Gender Transformative Approaches to Research and Capacity Building for the SDGsDr Charron provide insights into the important work of the IDRC to advance gender equality and inclusion in science for development by supporting research led by local researchers and targeting loc
Sustainable Mobility for All from a gender perspectiveMuneeza Mehmood Alam explains the work of the World Bank to advance Sustainable Mobility for All and specifically the gender aspects of transportation.
Gender dimensions of weather and climate servicesProf Luterbacher explains the efforts of the WMO to advance understanding of gender dimensions in weather and climate services.
Going through peer review
When you’ve already invested so much time in your manuscript, it’s not always easy to hear that a reviewer thinks it needs more work. In these modules, we provide some useful advice on how to deal with those reviewer comments and keep your submission moving smoothly through the publishing process. You will learn the initial steps you should take, and the correct tone and language to use in your response letter. We also help you see your manuscript through the eyes of an editor and reviewer, so you can spot any shortfalls or mistakes before you submit.
What you will learn
- Practical advice on how to respond to reviewers
- An explanation of what reviewers are looking for
- Tips on looking at your submission with a critical eye