Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Book writing
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- (-) Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Editor webinars
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Finding the right journal
- (-) Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Sex and gender
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Career guidance
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- The Lancet
- Research metrics
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
- Job search
Integrating gender perspectives into the planning, execution and evaluation phases of military operations and exercisesRebecca Blum explains the relationship between sexual violence and peace and security. NATO defines sexual or gender-based violence against an individual or group of individuals, as acts used or
Gender empowerment of the society improves resilience in disaster managementProf Chung explains that disasters are rarely gender neural. Women and girls are the main victims of natural disasters.
How to produce highly visible research: Useful tips for researchersWhile research is the central part of a researcher’s life, producing high-impact work by engaging in multidisciplinary and collaborative research is an added demand to the already substantial workl
Ensuring safe societies by femicide prevention. A global perspective.Prof Weil explains that femicide is the killing of women and girls because they are women/girls. Femicide comes in different types, e.g. ‘honour’ killing, sex selection of foetus.
Making academia–industry collaborations workCollaborations with industry partners on specialized projects are becoming commonplace. Learn how to avoid the main pitfalls.
The key to successful academic collaborationsAcademic collaborations with researchers from varying backgrounds can act as a conduit to innovative ideas and solutions.
Theme 5 IntroductionProf Chang compares different unexpected natural disaster events in Korea from a gender perspective to show that women and children are more vulnerable and suffer most.
The pernicious nature of sexual harassment. What’s needed to stop perpetratorsDr Bondestam explains that gender-based harassment is the most common form of harassment in academia.
Going through peer review
When you’ve already invested so much time in your manuscript, it’s not always easy to hear that a reviewer thinks it needs more work. In these modules, we provide some useful advice on how to deal with those reviewer comments and keep your submission moving smoothly through the publishing process. You will learn the initial steps you should take, and the correct tone and language to use in your response letter. We also help you see your manuscript through the eyes of an editor and reviewer, so you can spot any shortfalls or mistakes before you submit.
What you will learn
- Practical advice on how to respond to reviewers
- An explanation of what reviewers are looking for
- Tips on looking at your submission with a critical eye