Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- (-) Cell Press
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Book writing
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Editor webinars
- (-) Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Research metrics
- Career guidance
- The Lancet
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Research data management
- (-) Writing skills
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Job search
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
Innovation at Cell Press: Make the most of free Cell Press resourcesLearn all about innovation, growth in the multi-disciplinary content and the expanding open access publishing strategy at Cell Press with Dr. Deborah Sweet, Senior Vice President of Publishing at Cell Press.
The Future of BatteriesJoin this engaging Cell Press webinar which aims to highlight innovative work that has the potential to shape the direction of future battery research and development.
Understanding Materials for Quantum Information ProcessingJoin this engaging Cell Press webinar where the speakers will discuss their pioneering works in the field of quantum information processing, including the synthesis of new materials and characterization of their underlying physical processes.
How to prepare a proposal for a review articleAt many journals, the process for submitting a review article is much different from the process for a research article: rather than uploading your research manuscript and clicking Submit, it might
Navigating the Publishing Process for High Impact JournalsJoin Luke Batchelor, Ph.D., Editor-in-Chief, Cell Reports Physical Sciences for an engaging webinar to learn about techniques and strategies for authoring in high impact journals.
How to easily spot reliable journalsLearn the steps required to select the right home for your research, improving your chances of publication success.
Best Practices in Submitting Research for Highly Selective JournalsLearn how to prepare your manuscripts for publication in the best journal for your research with Dr. Robert Eagling, Editor-in-Chief, Chem.
How to Prepare Your Manuscripts for Publication in Top JournalsLearn tips for writing and developing a strong narrative for your work with Kavitha Scranton, Ph.D., Senior Scientific Editor, Immunity.
Techniques for Publishing in Transformative Ground-Breaking JournalsLearn techniques and strategies for developing your papers for ground-breaking publications with Dr. Lewis Collins, Editor-in-Chief, One Earth.
How to Prepare Your manuscripts for Publication in Top JournalsWould you like to learn tips for writing and developing a strong narrative for your work?
Ethics and Copyright: Insights for Research Publishing from Cell PressLearn about authoring responsibilities, post-publication issues, and strategies for publishing in high-standard and high-impact journals with Natalie Cain, Senior Scientific Editor, Cell Reports.
Going through peer review
When you’ve already invested so much time in your manuscript, it’s not always easy to hear that a reviewer thinks it needs more work. In these modules, we provide some useful advice on how to deal with those reviewer comments and keep your submission moving smoothly through the publishing process. You will learn the initial steps you should take, and the correct tone and language to use in your response letter. We also help you see your manuscript through the eyes of an editor and reviewer, so you can spot any shortfalls or mistakes before you submit.
What you will learn
- Practical advice on how to respond to reviewers
- An explanation of what reviewers are looking for
- Tips on looking at your submission with a critical eye