Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Book writing
- (-) Career planning
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Editor webinars
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- (-) Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Sex and gender
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Career guidance
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- Research data management
- Writing skills
- The Lancet
- Research metrics
- (-) Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- (-) Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
- Job search
Advancing best practice for incorporation of gender analysis in health researchDr Heidari explains why it is essential to incorporate methods of sex/gender analysis into research design and communication and how different agencies and actors: regulatory agencies, research fun
How to easily spot reliable journalsLearn the steps required to select the right home for your research, improving your chances of publication success.
Gender Issues in Community Design for Ageing in PlaceProf Rieh explains how to design cities that are senior and gender friendly. Senior women in Korea form the biggest proportion of citizens but also the poorest.
How to create impact with patient and public involvementResearch in health and medical sciences is always inevitably carried out with the intention to bring some benefit to the public.
Business Development for ResearchersBusiness benefits with deep insights from research, but is it possible for researchers to benefit from business models?
Intersectional perspectives in digitalisation of science and societyProf Schiebinger explains the efforts to remove and prevent gender and other types of bias in research and innovation by closing gaps in understanding how sex and gender influence results and diffe
Reflections on making an inclusive research environmentPeople in the LGBTQI+ communities can be misrepresented within research and academic communities.
Minorities in STEM: Barriers they face in academia and pathways to allyshipWhat are the barriers faced by women, ethnic minorities and LGBTQ+ colleagues in their career progression in STEM?
Genetic studies on the differences between the sexes and what they mean for gender research and gender equityProf Graves explains the types and sources of genetic differences between women and men and how these differences evolved over time to impact on women’s lives.
Design Thinking: Turn research into innovationInnovation is vital for most working fields and research is not an exception. In fact, innovation is a central tenet of research that can advance the field based on previous body of knowledge.
生涯規劃：我該選擇什麼研究專業和領域選擇什麽研究專業和領域有時是一個讓人十分糾結的決定。即使已經畢業了您都可能對自己之前選擇的領域並不確定，在思考現在想要換個研究方向是否已經太遲。來自萊頓大學的Christine L. Mummery教授告訴我們，為時未晚。她本人由物理學和生物物理學轉向幹細胞生物學，而她的兩名同僚分別是從英語語言文學和歷史學進入了這個領域。
Using AI to match your abstract to the right journalWhen it comes to finding the right journal – there is a lot to consider.
Going through peer review
When you’ve already invested so much time in your manuscript, it’s not always easy to hear that a reviewer thinks it needs more work. In these modules, we provide some useful advice on how to deal with those reviewer comments and keep your submission moving smoothly through the publishing process. You will learn the initial steps you should take, and the correct tone and language to use in your response letter. We also help you see your manuscript through the eyes of an editor and reviewer, so you can spot any shortfalls or mistakes before you submit.
What you will learn
- Practical advice on how to respond to reviewers
- An explanation of what reviewers are looking for
- Tips on looking at your submission with a critical eye