Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey. Browse our extensive module catalogue to uncover a world of knowledge, and earn certificates and rewards as you progress.
- Cell Press
- Book writing
- Career planning
- Fundamentals of manuscript preparation
- Fundamentals of publishing
- Open science
- Theme 1: Uniting Funders, Doers, and Custodians of Research to Strategically and Comprehensively Advance Quality Gender Research for SDGs
- Theme 5: Science for Peace and for Safe and Secure Societies
- Becoming a peer reviewer
- Publishing in the Chemical Sciences
- Editor webinars
- Theme 3: Strengthening Science and Technology for Better Response to Societal Inequalities, Disruptions, and Emergencies
- Finding the right journal
- Research collaborations
- (-) Social impact
- Going through peer review
- Research design
- Plenary Session with Mr BAN Ki-Moon
- Sex and gender
- Theme 4: Global Climate Technology Cooperation Projects and Gender-Mainstreaming Efforts
- Theme 2: Improving Data Collection, and Reliability of Statistics and Indicators on Gender with Intersectionality Dimensions
- Career guidance
- Theme 8: Advancing Science and Inclusive Career Pathways in Sustainability-related Emerging Research and Innovation Fields
- Certified Peer Reviewer Course
- Editor Essentials
- Societies Publishing
- (-) Research data management
- Writing skills
- The Lancet
- Research metrics
- Inclusion and Diversity for Researchers
- Technical writing skills
- (-) Theme 6: Developing and Applying Methods of Sex/Gender Analysis in Research for SDGs
- Theme 7: Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations
- Theme 9: Shaping the Next 10 Years of Research and Interventions for SDGs
- Ensuring visibility
- Fundamentals of peer review
- Job search
Creating a good research data management planFind out why you need a data management plan and what it takes to write an effective one.
Make your data findable- It's Not FAIR! Improving Data Publishing Practices in ResearchFindable, Accessible, Interoperable and Re-usable - The FAIR Data Principles. Likely you’ve heard about FAIR, but do you know how it can support you and your own research?
Make your data accessible -It's Not FAIR! Improving Data Publishing Practices in ResearchFindable, Accessible, Interoperable and Re-usable - The FAIR Data Principles. Likely you’ve heard about FAIR, but do you know how it can support you and your own research?
Advancing best practice for incorporation of gender analysis in health researchDr Heidari explains why it is essential to incorporate methods of sex/gender analysis into research design and communication and how different agencies and actors: regulatory agencies, research fun
How to conduct evidence-based researchIt’s natural to think that all research is evidence based given the long citation lists that research papers come with.
How to build empathy in researchIn this webinar, our experts focus on three tools for building empathy in research: interviewing, journey mapping and Photovoice. Also, they discuss ways of adapting these tools across sectors; including academia, industry and clinical settings.
Make your data interoperable - It's Not FAIR! Improving Data Publishing Practices in ResearchFindable, Accessible, Interoperable and Re-usable - The FAIR Data Principles. Likely you’ve heard about FAIR, but do you know how it can support you and your own research?
Gender Issues in Community Design for Ageing in PlaceProf Rieh explains how to design cities that are senior and gender friendly. Senior women in Korea form the biggest proportion of citizens but also the poorest.
How researchers benefit from citing dataAn in-depth look at citing data and how it can help you build your reputation as a researcher.
Intersectional perspectives in digitalisation of science and societyProf Schiebinger explains the efforts to remove and prevent gender and other types of bias in research and innovation by closing gaps in understanding how sex and gender influence results and diffe
Make your data reusable - It's Not FAIR! Improving Data Publishing Practices in ResearchFindable, Accessible, Interoperable and Re-usable - The FAIR Data Principles. Likely you’ve heard about FAIR, but do you know how it can support you and your own research?
Genetic studies on the differences between the sexes and what they mean for gender research and gender equityProf Graves explains the types and sources of genetic differences between women and men and how these differences evolved over time to impact on women’s lives.
Going through peer review
When you’ve already invested so much time in your manuscript, it’s not always easy to hear that a reviewer thinks it needs more work. In these modules, we provide some useful advice on how to deal with those reviewer comments and keep your submission moving smoothly through the publishing process. You will learn the initial steps you should take, and the correct tone and language to use in your response letter. We also help you see your manuscript through the eyes of an editor and reviewer, so you can spot any shortfalls or mistakes before you submit.
What you will learn
- Practical advice on how to respond to reviewers
- An explanation of what reviewers are looking for
- Tips on looking at your submission with a critical eye